Forgive Me, Dottoré, For I Have Not Technically Sinned
A patient has an extra-conjugal/religious question for our Naples-based psychiatrist.
“Dottoré, do you know the prayer that goes ‘I have sinned in thoughts, words, and deeds. By what I have done and left undone’?”
“Yes, I know it!”
“Then let me explain my thinking to you.
You must know first that I have sinned in both thoughts and words, but all the times I cheated on my wife I didn’t leave anything undone. I confessed every time, so, technically, I am not a sinner!”
“I’m not an expert on these things, and I don’t mean to judge, but if you say you sinned in thoughts, actions, and so-called confessions of omission — but that you’re not a sinner, then what does that technically make you?”
Learn more about Worldcrunch's exclusive Dottoré! series here.
- Take It As A Neapolitan Compliment ›
- Another Love Story Ruined By The Titanic ›
- All Insurance Scam Roads Lead To Turin ›
- Stop And Feel The Sea Breeze - Worldcrunch ›
- Homicidal Thoughts, Al Dente - Worldcrunch ›