Whose Healthcare Dictatorship? A Burst Of COVID Madness In Naples
An emergency room in downtown Naples.
The door is closed, no one lets us in because the security guards are all busy dealing with a man who had slapped one of them.
We finally get in and notice a woman in slippers and a robe — and without a mask — screaming between coughing fits : "They’ll let me die because my husband fought with the guards! Help me!"
You ask a colleague for clarification, and are told that the woman had arrived at the ER with a cough.
To see the other faces
She was examined, and tested positive for COVID-19. The woman was not vaccinated, but all her vital signs were good, including oxygen saturation. Since there was no emergency, she was told to go back home and talk to her general practitioner.
Hence the aggression.
I keep replaying yesterday’s scene in my mind — all those other patients waiting near this maskless woman screaming and coughing all over the place while her husband attacked the guards.
I wish I could have captured the moment for all those who keep complaining about “a healthcare dictatorship,” to show them what that really looks like — and the faces of those forced to suffer under it every day.
Learn more about Worldcrunch's exclusive Dottoré! series here.
- Swedish Tantra Festival Becomes Touchpoint For Organic Anti ... ›
- Time To Triage (Out!) The Anti-Vaxxers Who Get COVID - Worldcrunch ›
- How Anti-Vaxxers Will Try To Sabotage The COVID-19 Vaccine ... ›
- No Healing Here, But Maybe A Miracle - Worldcrunch ›
- Back To School, For Those Who Can Afford It - Worldcrunch ›
- Sin Of Disinformation, The Guatemalan Pastors Who Condemn COVID Vaccines - Worldcrunch ›