What A Psychiatrist Leaves To Faith
Stefano keeps Jesus in his wallet. Before getting his monthly shot, he pulls him out and kisses him.
Maria keeps him near her bed. Before turning off the lights, she asks him to make sure that her sleeping pills will work.
Antonietta wears him around her neck. She says that when she has bad thoughts, she holds him tight, and slowly the fear goes away.
Salvatore holds him in his heart and tells the cardiologist that thanks to him, he doesn't get heart attacks anymore.
Pasquale sees him all the time, sometimes even when he's talking to me, having kept him company since entering the psychiatric hospital.
Jesus makes a pact with all sick people, not only with my patients.
There, where a human being cannot reach, and only pain and despair remain, Jesus is present.
Trying to reconcile the church-state divide? This is the only “Concordat” that counts for me.
Learn more about Worldcrunch's exclusive Dottoré! series here.
- Catholics And Protestants, Doctrines Clash On Gay Marriage ... ›
- In Praise Of Science: The Pandemic Story That Must Be Told ... ›
- Revisiting The Science Vs. Religion Paradigm - Worldcrunch ›
- Suspended In Time, Another Kind Of Wartime Mentality - Worldcrunch ›
- What Jesus Really Said: Fixing The Mistranslations That Have Shaped Christianity - Worldcrunch ›