A Woman’s Work Is Never Done
... unless she's a famous influencer?
“In the morning I get up at 5:30 a.m. I clean the house, then I wake up the children at 7. I get them ready, make them breakfast, then at 7:30, we leave for school. At 8:30, I start work. I clean two offices, then at 11, I go to a lady's house to clean until 3.30 p.m.
At 4 p.m. I pick up the children. I take them home and help them with their homework. Three days a week, I take my youngest to a physiotherapist at 5.30 p.m. The other days, there’s my daughter's catechism classes and my other daughter’s gym lessons. By 7:30 p.m. it's dinner time, because at 8 p.m. I have to go clean offices when they close. Then by 10 p.m. I come back and put them to bed.
I tidy up and at midnight, I go to sleep too. Since my husband’s gone, this is my life. I don’t want much, but a half an hour to myself every now and then would be nice.”
“Sure, think of yourself as free.”*
*This is a reference to Pensati libera ("Think of yourself as free”), the inscription on a Dior dress worn by influencer Chiara Ferragni at the 2023 Sanremo Music Festival.
Learn more about Worldcrunch's exclusive Dottoré! series here.
- Quantifying The Effects Of The Pandemic On Nonna's Cooking ›
- A Cave Of One's Own ›
- Dottoré! - Worldcrunch ›
- Sting Drops New Version of 'Russians' With Profits to Benefit ... ›
- STING on Instagram: “I've only rarely sung this song in the many ... ›
- Sting posts video of himself singing his 1985 song 'Russians' amid ... ›
- THE BEST Lasagne in Naples (Updated February 2023) - Tripadvisor ›
- Neapolitan Lasagna Recipe - La Cucina Italiana ›
- Neapolitan Lasagna Authentic Recipe - Recipes from Italy ›