Worldcrunch strives for transparency and trust when it comes to protecting your privacy and we aim to clearly explain how we collect and process your information.
It's important to us that you should enjoy using our products, services and website(s) without compromising your privacy in any way.
This policy outlines how we collect and use different types of personal and behavioural information, and the reasons for doing so. You have the right to access, change or delete your personal information at any time and you can find out more about this and your rights in our FAQ section. Alternatively, you can get in touch directly with our Privacy Team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy applies to "users" and "customers" (or "you") of worldcrunch.com; that is anyone ordering, registering or interacting with any product or service from worldcrunch.com.
Collection and use of your information
The information you provide us, and that which we gather based on your activity, helps us to deliver more relevant content as well as create a more seamless experience across the products and channels through which you may access that content.
We collect and store some information about you in order to deliver products and services to you. We share some of that information with trusted suppliers (including payment providers and postal services) to ensure the delivery of those products and services, or to give personalised recommendations on things we think will be of interest to you. We also collect information when you use our products and services and further details are provided below.
Information we collect
Information you provide us which we need in order to provide you with our services and products
There is certain personal information that we need in order to provide the products and services that you have chosen. Examples of details we collect in order to fulfil a subscription to Worldcrunch include:
You can also volunteer to disclose additional information which may not be essential for us to deliver a service to you. By providing it you help us to ensure we communicate with you in a way that's most relevant, useful and engaging for you. We may collect and ask for additional information when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make use of our products or services in any way, for example in person, via our marketing campaigns, via phone or mail orders, or our websites.
How we may use your information
We may primarily use your information for the purpose of delivering the products and services that you have chosen and to personalise our interactions (including advertising) with you. For further details about this, and other ways we may use your information, please read the sections below.
Other uses of your information
Other than where we have asked for your consent, we mainly rely on two other separate bases to lawfully use your information. First, we may need to use your information in certain ways to provide our products or services to you, in accordance with our contracts with you. In this case, it may be necessary for us to use your information so that we can deliver the products or services you have chosen. Second, as described in more detail below, in certain cases, we may use your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests:
- To measure customer and user response and engagement with our products and services such as online content, email newsletters and subscription offers. This may include sharing your information with third parties who help us to analyse and measure these things.
- To ensure our products (including websites and apps) are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors.
- To help us improve our customer and user experience and to support in new product development. We may send customer satisfaction surveys and market research questionnaires (for which we may share your information with third party suppliers employed by us).
- To create audience profiles for personalised advertising, marketing or research and development on and off our websites – See Audience Profiling and Social Media sections below for more detailed information.
- To detect and reduce fraudulent activity and for other security related purposes such as to help us protect against harassment, IP infringement, crime or other security issues.
You have the right to object to any of the above uses of your information, please contact us if you wish to do so: email@example.com
. We will consider all objections reasonably, but there may be legal reasons where we deem that the use of your information is still appropriate. We will explain our decision to you in a timely manner.
Worldcrunch publishes content on social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, through both "organic" and "paid" methods to reach current and potential readers:
- "Organic" methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they may appear in your social platform's content, without being promoted or forced to appear more prominently, e.g. Worldcrunch's Facebook Page.
- "Paid" methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they will appear more prominently, or be shown to users that do not currently follow Worldcrunch's social pages e.g. a promoted tweet on your Twitter Timeline.
We may place one or more social media platform "tags" on our website in order to better understand how Worldcrunch may be of best value to you by providing you with the most relevant content available according to what you have chosen to read on our own websites. These tags only record information around events to help us understand if you are registered or subscribed with us, so that we may use your reading preferences to provide more relevant content and/or offers to you, on social media platforms, e.g. removing subscription offers from your feed if you are a current subscriber.
We do not have direct access to your personal data on your social media platforms.
How we use your details for audience profiling
To enable us to personalise the content and advertising you see (including on social media), we may use your interaction and browsing behaviour or preferences (such as how and what you read on our websites and our apps) to create audience profiles. This is to enable content and message personalisation, and in some cases, advertising to be delivered to you or a group of users (an audience) with similar interests to you. This can be done both on our site and on those of third parties.
We may analyse your individual information to create a profile of your interests and preferences as a part of an audience. These insights are used to help us make marketing decisions so that we can ensure our messages are relevant to you. There are times we may use additional information available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
Retaining and storing your information
We securely store registered users' information, and hold it for as long as we need to in order provide our services and products to you in accordance with (i) applicable law, or (ii) as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us.
We review our retention periods for personal information regularly. If you have not interacted with us in any way, we will generally no longer hold your information after 6 years (although this may be shorter for individual businesses (you can confirm by contacting us)). Sometimes we may need to keep it for longer periods such as tax and other financial regulatory reasons, this would typically be 7 years. We would only keep it for longer than this if we are required to by law.
If you request for us to no longer contact you, for example with marketing communications, we will retain the minimum amount of information about you so that we can ensure we remove you from any future communications. Please note that if you ask us to completely remove all information about you, and you subsequently use our products and services at a later date, we will no longer be able to recognise your previous request to not be contacted, which is why we would keep it and suppress it in line with industry standards.
Storing and transferring information internationally
As the internet is a global environment and we work with third parties across the globe, collecting and using your personal information may involve the transfer of this information internationally, including outside of the European Union. By using our products and services you acknowledge and agree to your personal information being transferred in this way, including to jurisdictions outside the EEA.
We maintain strict policies to ensure all information that is transferred is done so safely and securely.
Keeping your information safe
We take information security seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe.
Individuals under 16
Worldcrunch does not intentionally, or knowingly, process personal information from individuals under the age of 16. When necessary, users under the age of 16 will be told not to submit any personal details.
We will make every effort to delete any details of such users where a parent or guardian has informed us that these details have been collected.
Cookies are small files that are created in your web browser when you visit any of our websites.
Like most other websites, our Web server automatically recognizes the Internet address from which you access the site. We may also log your IP (Internet Protocol) address, referring site and date and timestamp for system administration, troubleshooting and internal marketing purposes.
Security of your information
We maintain tight controls over all the data we collect, retaining it in firewalled and secured databases with strictly limited and controlled access to ensure it is secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain Worldcrunch features, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Please remember that unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure. So although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via Worldcrunch; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to other websites
We will provide links to other (third-party) websites as part of the services we provide on this site. Worldcrunch is not responsible for the content of these external websites, nor for their privacy policies.
Data Protection in France
More information on data privacy rights is available directly from the French Data Protection Commissioner. Here's the English version: https://www.cnil.fr/en/home
You can use the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How long do you hold my information for? We generally hold information for up to 6 years if we have had no interaction with you. It may be 7 years or longer if required for financial, tax or legal reasons.
- How do I update my information? You can update it at any time via your online account at worldcrunch.com or just contact us: email@example.com.
- What are my rights under GDPR? You have a right to ask us for information we hold about you, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to ask for us to update, delete or stop processing information we hold about you.However, please note that there are circumstances in which complete erasure of your information or ceasing to process your information will not be possible for operational, legal and business reasons. This may include if you remain a customer for whom we need to provide services, or if you wish us to no longer contact you for marketing purposes. In this case we may need to retain some of your details securely in order to facilitate this request by, for example, keeping you on a "do not contact" or suppression list. This will be the only purpose for which your data will be used if this is the case.
Changes to this policy