Global Love: 14 Valentines From Around The World
1. ARGENTINA - The twin sister of a murdered model is set to wed her dead sister's killer, much to the dismay of her parents, according to Buenos Aires daily Clarín. The wedding has been in the works for months, but these two lovebirds hold back nothing when it comes to romance: the ceremony is planned for later today, Valentine's Day.
2. AUSTRALIA - Melbourne Zoo invites adult-only visitors to experience I, Animal where one discovers their inner love beast:
3. CROATIA - The most romantic Valentine’s Day getaway? Visit the heart shaped island of Galesnjak.
4. FRANCE- A French man won 3.2 million euros in the lottery this week, but is waiting until Valentine’s Day to tell his wife says Le Parisien. Roses or chocolates? This is most likely the woman to get the best present today.
dogus62supercharged via Instagram
5. JAPAN- Women must give out chocolates in Japan, but, be careful – don’t mix up “obligation” chocolates for male friends and acquaintances with the more affectionate kind!
careysensei via Instagram
6. KENYA - Where are your red roses coming from today? Probably Kenya, says The Telegraph.
7. SOUTH KOREA - So, you’re a single girl in South Korea and you don’t have a Valentine? Well, two months later on April 14 you must go out and mourn the fact that you’re alone by eating a black noodle dish on “Black Day.”
8. LONDON - On Twitter, @blinkbox last week offered a box of “aphrodisiac popcorn” to people who told them who they would share it with, and why. Most popular answers were Captain Jack Sparrow and Lara Croft.
9. NEW YORK - Some people just can’t bear to be alone, so much so that they advertise themselves on Craigslist as the perfect Valentine's Day date. (Or not)
10. LOS ANGELES - Corgnelius the Corgi offered to be a Valentine for his Facebook followers.
11. PAKISTAN - In Pakistan, they don’t love the holiday. In fact, they want to ban it.
12. PORTLAND - This couple tried to spice up their love life last year, but all they did was worry the public who called the police on them:
13. VENEZUELA - Hugo Chavez loves Valentines Day so much that he cancelled it in 2009, declaring instead that beginning Feb. 15, an entire week would be dedicated to celebrating it:
14. VERMONT - Vermont Teddy Bear Co. has the only present you’ll need this year: