Worldcrunch's 10 Most Popular Articles Of The Year
Here are the 10 most-read articles of the past year:
Who Is Lauriane Doumbouya, The French Wife Of Guinea's Coup Leader?New Guinea president Mamadi Doumbouya and his wife Lauriane Doumboya, née Darboux
During the recent inauguration of new Guinea president Mamadi Doumbouya, the presence of a female French police officer alongside the coup leader grabbed the public's attention. But little is still known about the new first lady.
In Russia, Brands Advertising Diversity Are Under AttackIn Russia, Brands Advertising Diversity Under Attack
Russian sushi delivery Yobidoyobi removed an advertisement with a Black man and apologized for offending the Russian nation, while a grocery chain was attacked for featuring an LGBTQ couple.
A Dose Of Epicurus: Ancient Philosopher Cures Italy's COVID SoulsAncient Philosopher Cures Italy's COVID Souls
In Italy, Epicurus's "Letter on Happiness" is being sold at pharmacies to help people face down the stress and anxiety of COVID times.
French Wine, Cancelled? The Sexist World Of France's WinemakersFrench Wine, Cancelled? The Sexist World Of France's Winemakers
Discriminatory comments and practices still reign supreme in wine cellars. But the women of the French wine industry are determined to break down old barriers.
— LE MONDE
The Case For Letting Algorithms Run The Vaccine RolloutsThe Case For Letting Algorithms Run The Vaccine Rollouts
Belgium's vaccination campaign is a prime example, computer scientist Hugues Bersini argues, of how technology can not only improve efficiency, but also, in some cases, make things more fair.
— LE SOIR
China's 'One-Child' Generation Chooses Cats Over BabiesChina's 'One-Child' Generation Chooses Cats Over Babies
Menglin's boyfriend accompanied her to the clinic. It took less than 10 minutes for the doctor to place the contraceptive implant in Menglin's upper left arm. It's now very unlikely she'll get pregnant in the next three years. She is 31, a good age to give birth, but she is reluctant to start trying.
Germany's #Instacops, The Perils Of Police As InfluencersGermany's #Instacops, The Perils Of Police As Influencers
Some police officers have used their toned bodies, selfies in uniform, and professional insights into social media notoriety. But all that attention can also lead to problems at work.
— DIE WELT
Time To Triage (Out!) The Anti-Vaxxers Who Get COVIDTime To Triage (Out!) The Anti-Vaxxers Who Get COVID
In Canada's Western province of Alberta, hospital beds are running out and forcing officials to "triage" to decide who does and doesn't get care. The same formula should not apply to those who have chosen not to get the COVID vaccine.
Why French Fashion Has Been So Slow To Embrace Inclusive SizingWhy French Fashion Has Been So Slow To Embrace Inclusive Sizing
Clothing companies in France have a habit of simply ignoring larger-sized women. But led by a new generation of designers, some of them inspired by first-hand frustrations, the sector is finally showing signs of change.
Latin American Pariah, The Cost Of Brazil's Isolationism
President Donald Trump with Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach
By turning its back on regional integration, the conservative government of Jair Bolsonaro is putting ideology above the country's long-term economic and political interests.
- Tapas In Argentina: Spanish Fare Blends Fun And Affordability ... ›
- Why A Three-Star Michelin Restaurant Failed In Beijing - Worldcrunch ›
- Tanks From Moscow? What Prague 1968 Tells Us About Minsk ... ›
- My Friend From Guadeloupe And Me: What It Means To Be French ... ›
- Sudan Prime Minister Resigns, Australia COVID Peak, Ciao Venice Bridge - Worldcrunch ›
- Rio Carnival Canceled, No Vax Djokovic, Macron & La Merde - Worldcrunch ›
- Deadly Kazakh Protests, Australia v. Djokovic, Judge Kisses Cop Killer - Worldcrunch ›
- Djokovic Win, Kazakhstan Toll, Gates Of Hell - Worldcrunch ›
- Unvaccinated Tax, N. Korea Hypersonic Missile, RIP Rat Hero - Worldcrunch ›
- BoJo Under Pressure, Landmark Syria Trial, Gruyère Row - Worldcrunch ›
- China On High COVID Alert, Tonga Eruption Aftermath, Anne Frank’s Traitor - Worldcrunch ›
- Tokyo State Of Emergency, Betancourt For President, World’s Oldest Man Dies - Worldcrunch ›
- Biden Prediction, Austria’s Vaccine Lottery, Googly Eyes Down Under - Worldcrunch ›